Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New at this!

Ok so im so new at this blogging stuff but i will give it my best shot at it. If anyone would like to help me i wont bite lol.

Anyways i am 22 years old and married (no kids yet) to my husband Jonathan. Weve been married for 3 almost 4 years in Jan. I lost my job back in Nov. of 2008 because i was on jury duty for 6 weeks and in the office it was only me and the boss so she had to find someone else to work for her. I used to be an office manager in a chiropractors office. Now i am a stay at home wife with a crafting hobby. To hopefully turn into a full business.

I started crafting when i was real young. We didnt have much money to go out and buy hundreds of presents for everyone we had a big family. So my mom used to say "make things, i like them best their from your heart". So thats kind of how i got started. I would make Christmas, Easter, Birthday, just about any holiday presents. And i love working with my hands at my own pace and to create unique items that i possibly would never be able to create again. For the business part of it i started actually selling my items about 6 months ago. I would go to flea markets and try on Ebay (no luck). So i joined Artfire (no luck), then i joined Made it Myself (no luck). THEN i joined Etsy and i stuck with that one because it seemed the easiest out of all them. And with the help of a friend adrianita458 (who you can also find on Etsy) I MADE MY FIRST SALE. Then i got 2 sales, 3, 4, 5, and now im up to 6 sales! I am so excited and finally feel that im not just doing this for nothing! I learned how to trade from Stationarycreations and that was a blessing in disguise, she turned out to be a wonderful teacher to me. I feel i am still so new to Etsy that she walked me through the trading process WITH NO COMPLAINTS!

My sister Brittany who helps me and is also a crafty person is just 13 but she created beautiful pieces with her unique sense of style! She is also my best friend and has a love for crafting as i do! We create beautiful pieces together!

We are into a load of crafting such as - jewelry (rings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants, earrings, charms, etc.), polymer clay, painting, journal jars, stamping, scrapbooking, card making, and probably more.

I am going to try to post on here everyday and hopefully get some followers and some potential buyers.

I love to do custom orders then i feel they "come from the heart"!

Please check out my shop at babyblueskie.etsy.com

Thanks for reading! And please dont forget how new i am! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment